FLAMA GULET HOLIDAYS
A Flama Gulet Holiday is a holiday on a villa afloat with round the clock service. All the gulets in our fleet are specially designed for charter in the Mediterranean without sacrificing total comfort. The crew look after the running of the yacht and the charterers only decide on where to go, what to do or where to moor.
We make sure the holiday really begins as soon as the charterers arrive at the airport in Turkey. A host or hostess will meet the charterers holding a sign with their name on it. A private vehicle will take them to their boat and they may wish to stop on the way to visit interesting sites or just to enjoy the countryside. Their host or hostess will serve them complimentary beer or soft drinks during the journey.
They will arrive at their boat to a champagne welcome and after meeting the crew one of our Flama staff will give them a briefing about the cruising area and life on board the boat. Then it's entirely up to them, we tell them the possibilities but we don't fix their route, after all it's their holiday. Once you step aboard a Flama gulet it becomes your own private boat, which is why we only sell gulet holidays to single groups, not by the cabin... So in the company of friends or family you can visit historical sites, bustling market towns and country villages, enjoy windsurfing and swimming in clear water or just relax in the shade with a good book.
If the charterers have children with them, no matter what age, they will always be safe on a Flama gulet; the rails around the deck are high enough so they won't be in danger of falling overboard, and none of the deck fittings are low enough for them to hit their head. Turkish people love children and we're used to having children on board. During the cruise two to six people will be working very hard to make sure the holiday runs just the way you want it to. Flama gulet crews are especially chosen for their experience, the captain holds an international licence and knows the Turkish coast inside out. They are gentle, hospitable people who will be friendly, helpful and always there when you need them with a quiet presence which never disturbs the privacy.
At the end of the holiday we sadly say goodbye but with Flama that doesn't happen until we see the charterers safely delivered to the airport. A host or hostess will once again accompany the charterers to the airport perhaps stopping en route for one last glimpse of Turkey's timeless beauty.
WHAT IS A FLAMA GULET
The Turkish Gulet is very similar to the working boats of old times and equipped with engines and modern facilities. They allow the charterers to explore the beautiful Turkish coast in comfort and style and relive the spirit an age long past.
All the gulets in the Flama Tours fleet are especially designed for charter in Mediterranean.
Our experienced staff inspect all the gulets every year and make a very careful selection of yachts choosing them for their standard and also, most importantly, for their captain and crew.
ACCOMMODATION / COMFORT ON BOARD
Flama Gulets from 14.75 to 47.00 meters long can accommodate up to 22 guests in double, twin or master cabins all with private shower/WC.
They all have:
- Beamy Hulls. Spacious and High Headroom (improves air circulation)
- High Boom and Bulwarks (very safe especially for children)
- Very Spacious Cabins (double, twin, master)
- Spacious Uncluttered Sun Decks (covered with sun mattresses)
- Aft Deck With Dining Area and Covered With Sun Awnings
- Large Salons With Bar and Dining Facilities
- Fully Equipped Professional Galleys With Ovens, Ice Boxes,
- Deep Freezers
- Private Shower/WC In Each Cabin With Pressurised Hot/Cold Water System
- Adequate Space For Recreational Equipment
- Powerful Engines For Safe Cruising and Accurate Itinerary Planning
- Modern Dacron Sails and Sailing Equipment
- Safety and communication equipment to International Regulations
Most of our gulets also have 220V Power Generators, Air-conditioning, Ice Cube Makers, Home Cinema Systems, Music Systems with iPod connection, Internet access. Speed boats and water skis are also available on some of them.
In all the FLAMA GULETS the standard equipment are :
- 1 Service Boat
- 1 Outboard Engine
- 1 Compact Disc Player
- 1 Colour TV
- 1 DVD Player
- Mobile Telephone
- VHF Radio Telephone
- Pressurised Hot Water and Cold Water
- Windlass (electric or hydraulic)
- Fully Equipped Galley
- 24 Volt DC
- Ice Boxes
- Sun Mattresses
- Sea Ladder
- Gangplank With Stanchions
- Sun Awnings
- Outdoor Dining Facilities
- Septic and Holding Tanks
- Bed Linen
Additionally most of our yachts have equipment like air-conditioning, 220 V power generators, deep freezers, ice cube makers, windsurf, canoe while some of them also have speed boats with water-skis, jet-ski, satellite TV, internet connections/WiFi, water maker.
In All Flama Gulets the crew look after the running of yacht. They provide a complete service to their guests with traditional Turkish hospitality in a friendly atmosphere. They always help the guests with a quiet presence which never disturbs the privacy of the charterer.
Flama Gulets crews are specially chosen for their experience. They are all internationally licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Transportation as “professional seamen for commercial vessels”.
English is spoken on our gulets.
On all our gulets one of the crew members is always a professional cook and the cook is capable of preparing meals to your personal diets and taste.
Depending on the size of the yacht, they consist of 2-4 persons as :
• 1 Captain
• 1 Cook / Sailor
• 1 Sailor / Steward
• 1 Sailor / Deckhand
On Certain deluxe gulets, the number of crew reaches up to 6-7 with stewardesses and hostesses.
WATER SPORTS / OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
• CANOE : Canoes are available on most of Flama Gulets.
• WINDSURF : At least one windsurf is available on most of Flama Gulets.
• FREE DIVING / SNORKELING : Masks, flippers and snorkels are available on all Flama Gulets.
• WATER SKI : Speed boats and water ski equipment are available on some of Flama Gulets (extra cost). - Water ski facilities are available in some of the bays along the coast at extra cost. (Can be arranged by the captain during the cruise.)
• JET SKI / BANANA : Available for hire in some of the bays along the coast at extra cost. (Can be arranged by the captain during the cruise.)
• SCUBA DIVING : Diving can be arranged through the local licensed diving clubs/schools.
• SEA KAYAKING : Can be organised for certain routes (extra cost) in combination with gulet cruises.
• WHITE WATER RAFTING : Can be organised (extra cost) at Dalaman River in combination with gulet cruises around Göcek area.
• TREKKING / HIKING : Can be organised in most of the routes in combination with gulet cruises.